Transformer magnetic cores are produced of high quality silicon grain oriented electric steel with low and extra low specific loss including steel with laser treatment Electric steel length cutting is carried out on George automatic slitting lines.
Core-plates are cut on GEORG (Germany) high-precision automatic CNC cross-cutting lines equipped with hard-alloy tools and V-dies. The sector of automatic line of cross cut electro steel cutting Georg with Pressing and packing of finished E-core is responsible for automated cutting and assembling of transformers' core. It is automatic core slitting and cutting machine and its core assembly lifting platform capacity 150 MT.
Automatic core Slitting machine with de-burring attachment for burr-free laminations– from Georg GmbH, Germany Automatic core cutting machine with v-notch cutting, hole piercing, step-lap joints and stacking facilities - from Georg GmbH, Germany with dedicated 10 MT EOT Crane.
Facilities including Brockhaus test system from Germany for testing magnetic characteristics and insulation resistance of CRGO steel sheets.
All machines required for drawing rectangular copper conductor from CC rods and annealing for stress relieving. Paper covering (up to 16 layers) machines in air conditioned chamber to avoid dust and moisture. Facilities for testing copper conductor characteristics.
Winding Production: Fully air conditioned to avoid dust & moisture
Different types and designs - Screw- type, continuous-type, interlacing-type, including windings of continuously transposed conductors (CTC). The winding are made on horizontal and vertical winding machines in a fully air-conditioned to avoid dust and moisture. The winding shop is fully air-conditioned to avoid dust and moisture and it is 20 MT vertical, 10 MT horizontal
20 MT Vertical Winding machine – 3 nos.
10 MT Horizontal winding machine – 12 nos.
5 MT Horizontal winding machine – 4 nos.
Coil updating machine
(above machines with a number of expandable type mandrels in the range of 300 mm to 1200 mm)
Autoclave with heating and vacuum facility
ISO-static system of coil stabilization
30 MT & 15 Mt EOT Cranes
15 MT & 10 MT EOT cranes
5 MT EOT crane
Insulation shop for press board and densified wood
Circular Cutting M/c
Angular circular Saw
Press Board Taper cutting M/C
Press Board Rolling machine
Press Board Jointing press
Dust Collectors are attached where required.
Core assembly and lifting platform 120 & 150 MT capacity
Core - Coil Assembly
Fully air conditioned to avoid dust and moisture
Equipped crimping press from NOVO Press, Germany
Air and Water cooled brazing machines.
Scissor lifts for top yoke re-lacing.
EOT Cranes (Remote & cabin Control)
1 no. 150 MT and 1 no. 30 MT EOT cranes
2 nos. 150 MT and 1 no. 50 MT EOT cranes
2 Nos. Vapor phase drying ovens
6 KL Oil processing machines
Oil handling system consisting of 2 nos. 60 KL oil tanks each for naphthenic and paraffinic based transformer oils with 10 KL oil processing machine.
Fully equipped to conduct all routine tests and temperature rise test, Lightening and Switching Impulse voltage tests as per International Standards. Equipments - 170 KV, 2000 KW (expandable to 4000 KW in Phase II) Static testing system from High Volt Germany for all routine test and temperature rise test. 70 MVAr (expandable to 140 MVAr) capacitor bank.
- Fully equipped to conduct all routine tests and temperature rise test, Lightening and Switching Impulse voltage tests as per International Standards.
- Discharge-free Faraday’s cage to conduct all the tests including HV and PD tests.
- Equipments -
- 170 KV, 2000 KW (expandable to 4000 KW in Phase II) Static testing system from High Volt Germany for all routine test and temperature rise test.
- 70 MVAr (expandable to 140 MVAr) capacitor bank.
- 2400 KVp, 240 kJ (expandable to 3000 KVp, 300 kJ) Impulse Generator for lightning and switching impulse tests from High Volt, Germany.
- 2400 KV multiple chopping gap unit for chopping test from High Volt, Germany.
- High accuracy digital meters for measurement of current, voltage, etc.
- Equipment to capture the data on the health of the transformer through Dissolved Gas Analysis, Frequency Response Analysis etc.
- 2 nos. 300 MT air casters for movement of transformer to test laboratory.